Hydrotherapy = Physio in water! Hydro is a fantastic and fun way to perform supervised rehabilitation exercises in a light weight and comfortable environment.
Exercises are individualised with close supervision from your Physio, and we also do some suitable group exercises depending on your condition.
• Buoyancy from body immersion creates a de-loading effect on the body allowing easier movement and pain reduction
• Warm water (approx. 37 deg) is soothing for body soreness and painful disorders
• Hydrostatic resistance created when moving in water is seven times greater than that of air and can be used for gentle strengthening exercises
• Compression effect of water immersion helps with swelling, balance and pain
• Supervised hydro is particularly effective when combined with other land based physio and exercises
• You don’t need to be a swimmer to participate, pool depth is to approx. 1.5m with rail and ramp entry (and water wheelchair if needed)